Each year, the Fort Scott Area Community Foundation offers grants to local 501(c)(3) public charities, schools, government agencies, and religious institutions.
We accept grant applications during August, evaluate them during September, and award them during the last week of October. We consider proposals based on how they improve the quality of life for residents in the Fort Scott area. We are particularly interested in projects that are sustainable in the future, and we strongly encourage collaborative projects.
Table of Contents
Grant publicity instructions
If your organization has received an FSACF grant, congratulations! Part of your grant agreement is that you share the good news about your grant and recognize that funding was provided by the Fort Scott Area Community Foundation. We’ve developed a short list of publicity rules to help you do so effectively.
The awards ceremony is a celebration of what we do, and grant recipients are encouraged to attend this ceremony. After all, the sole purpose of the Fort Scott Area Community Foundation is to manage and grow funds for the benefit of our community. When given the opportunity to award grants, the funds are serving the purpose of the donors.
The Foundation occasionally hosts grant-writing seminars, during which local grants professionals can hone their skills by learning from experienced local grant writers. To stay informed about these opportunities, you can follow us on Facebook.
Past grant recipients
We announce our grant recipients on our Facebook page, in our newsletter, and on our blog. You can read about our past grantees at the links below:
- 2021: FSACF Announces its 2021 Grant Recipients
- 2020: Community Foundation Announces 2020 Grant Recipients
- 2019: FSACF Announces 2019 Grant Recipients
- 2018: FSACF Announces 2018 Grant Recipients
- 2017: FSACF Announces 2017 Grant Recipients
- 2016: FSACF Announces its 2016 Grant Recipients
- 2015: FSACF Announces 2015 Grant Recipients
- 2014: FSACF Announces 2014 Grant Recipients
- 2013: FSACF 2013 Grants Support Community Organizations
- 2012: FSACF Awards 2012 Grants to Area Programs
- 2011: 2011 Grants Awarded by FSACF
- 2010: FSACF 2010 Grants Announced and Awarded
- 2009: 2009 Grants Awarded at Chamber Coffee
Sometimes we award grants to organizations outside of our normal grant cycle. You can read about some of those grants using the Mid-Year Grants tag on our blog. Or you can learn more about some of our past grantees using the Grantee Stories tag.