We know your clients have choices about how they achieve their charitable-giving goals. You–and they–should know there is unique added value to working with the Fort Scott Area Community Foundation:
- We are local. Assets stay in the community. We are a locally sustained nonprofit existing solely for the benefit of other nonprofits in the Fort Scott and Bourbon County area.
- We make a permanent difference. Gifts to the Community Foundation can continue working long into the future. The Community Foundation was built to last. Donors can feel secure that our volunteers, investments, and mission are organized to strengthen our community in perpetuity.
- We know philanthropy in the Fort Scott and Bourbon County area. We offer donors help in identifying effective ways to aid the community they call home. We can help your clients direct their giving to target specific problems and goals. FSACF provides a pass-through opportunity for those who want to make a one-time tax-deductible gift to a charitable organization. As FSACF grows, it will also provide leadership on community issues in significant community discussions.
- We can ensure anonymity. We offer your clients flexibility in determining whether they want to be publicly recognized for their giving.
- We make complicated gifts easy. We help donors make gifts in a cost- and time-efficient way. It is not always efficient or feasible to establish a standalone scholarship program or private foundation. We can accept a variety of assets, support multiple organizations through one fund, and help donors to leave a legacy.
- We leverage local expertise. FSACF is an affiliate of the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas (CFSEK), which was founded in 2001 and currently manages $55 million in assets. We take advantage of that relationship to offer your clients the resources available to a larger foundation while still providing the local personal relationships they value.
Learn more about the good work we can help your clients do by contacting us.