The Fort Scott Area Community Foundation is excited about the following 501(c)(3) charitable organizations that were the beneficiaries of grants for the 2017 grant cycle. Because of the generosity of those who appreciate the flexibility and accountability of the FSACF, the interest on donations to the Foundation’s general endowment fund totaled $30,000, which was divided between the following applicants:
2017 Grant Recipients
- Tri-Valley Developmental Services, Inc.: Purchase 3 computers.
- Special Olympics Kansas, Inc.: Purchase medals for Bourbon County athletes.
- Bourbon County CASA of the 6th Judicial District, Inc.: New Volunteer training.
- Friends of Fort Scott National Historic Site, Inc.: High school interns to work at the fort.
- Presbyterian Manors, Inc.: Therapeutic garden.
- Friends of USD 234: Restoration of Steinway grand piano.
- Mercy Hospital of Fort Scott: Manuals for caregivers.
- Lowell Milken Center for Unsung Heroes: Purchase 50 books (Why Did Grandpa Cry?)
- Bourbon County Arts Council: 2nd annual Festival of the Arts.
- Fort Scott Festival of Arts & Ideas: Students to become involved in the Arts Festival.
- Friends of the Zoo, Inc.: Entertainment for youth and nursing-home residents.
- City of Fort Scott: Pickleball court improvements.
- USD 234 Mentoring: Workforce mentoring between employees and high school students.
- KS-NE Conference of Seventh-day Adventists: “It’s My Very Own Bags of Love” project.
- Feeding Families in His Name: Preparing meals through the First United Methodist Church.
- Care to Share Cancer Support Group of Bourbon County: The Sharing Bucket.
- City of Fort Scott: Fort Scott Land Bank
- The Beacon: Heart-Healthy Food