We invite you to become part of the Fort Scott Area Community Foundation.
FSACF is a community foundation serving the Fort Scott area. As an affiliate of both the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas and the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, we are able to share with our donors the benefits of working with larger foundations while still providing a local link to the area.
Whether you are interested in giving now or planning a future gift, we will work with you to make a difference for the charities you care most about. Discover the options for investing in your community through the FSACF – click on the links on the right side of your screen for more information.
Contact us directly by emailing us.
Donor Bill of Rights
PHILANTHROPY is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare all donors have these rights:
I. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
VI. To be assured information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC)
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC)
National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG)
Council for Resource Development (CRD)
United Way of America
Benefits of Giving
Your charitable giving options are virtually unlimited with the Fort Scott Area Community Foundation. We take into account both your charitable interests and your personal needs.Then we identify your opportunities.Together, we can develop a plan that makes your philanthropic vision a reality.Creating a fund with the FSACF gives you some distinct advantages:
Simplicity: One gift to the FSACF can be used by the donor to provide support for a wide range of charitable organizations and interests.
Flexibility: If a charitable organization ceases to exist or if the intended purpose of a donor’s gift becomes unnecessary, the FSACF will ensure that the gift continues to be used for purposes that are consistent with the donor’s intentions. Also, the size of a fund can be increased at any time through additional gifts.
Professional Management: High caliber professional investment management provided by our affiliation with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation provides for greater growth and lower costs, which allows larger charitable distributions.
Accountability: As a community foundation, the FSACF is dedicated to serving the public interest.Through our affiliation with the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation, an audit of our funds is conducted annually. Additionally, our affiliate, the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas, hires a local accounting firm to conduct an Agreed Upon Procedures review of our most active funds on an annual basis.
For more information on how the FSACF can help you with charitable planning, contact 620-223-2274.
Benefits of Establishing A Fund
There are a number of worthwhile reasons to give through the Fort Scott Area Community Foundation:
- The FSACF is committed to improving the quality of life in Fort Scott and the surrounding area.
- FSACF Board members have an understanding of the area’s issues and needs.
- The FSACF is able to personalize their service based upon the needs of the donor.
- Our funds allow donors to invest in the causes they care about.
- A wide variety of assets may be used to establish funds at the FSACF including appreciated stock, real estate, retirement plan assets, and cash.
- All administrative tasks are handled by our affiliate, the Community Foundation of Southeast Kansas staff, including management of contributions, records of transactions, disbursement of checks to multiple organizations from one donor gift and research of issues and organizations of interest to the donor.
- FSACF funds benefit from high quality and diversified investment management.
- A permanent record of the donor’s charitable interests, philanthropic endeavors, community legacy and giving philosophy is maintained.
- Full income, gift and estate tax benefits allowed by law.
- No on-going tax filings are required.
- Anonymity can be kept, if desired.
Like this? Please share it!