The Fort Scott Area Community Foundation is proud to announce that 2009 grants totaling just over $11,000 were presented at the Chamber Coffee held on October 1 at the River Room. The following nonprofit organizations were awarded grants for their dedication to improving the quality of life in the Fort Scott area:
- Bourbon County 4-H
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Bourbon County
- Children’s Advocacy Center, Inc.
- Fort Scott Good Ol’ Days, Inc.
- Gordon Parks Center for Culture and Diversity Foundation
- Life in a Jar Foundation
- Mother To Mother Ministry of Bourbon County, Kansas, Inc.
- Tri-Valley Developmental Services
The Board of Directors congratulates each group and wishes them the best for the upcoming year.