Table of Contents
The Fort Scott Area Community Foundation serves the region in the fulfillment of philanthropic goals that benefit the common good and improve the quality of life. We inspire a passion for generosity by providing leadership and programming that is responsive to the interests and needs of those we serve both now and in the future.
- Maximize the current and long-term impact of charitable donations.
- Provide donors with significant financial advantages, tax benefits, convenience, professional management, versatility, and recognition or anonymity.
- Tailor grants to donors’ interests or areas of concern.
- Offer a very personal way to make a meaningful contribution to the quality of life in the following areas: civic improvements, arts and humanities, health, education, human and social services, and the conservation and preservation of cultural and environmental resources.
- Simplifying charitable giving.
- Making the Fort Scott area community a better place in which to live by:
- increasing charitable giving;
- connecting donors to issues they care about; and
- providing for the needs of the community.
- Helping donors establish their own charitable funds and letting them know ways they can make a difference.
- Managing permanent assets so that they continue to support charitable causes in perpetuity.