The Fort Scott Area Community Foundation (FSACF) is pleased to announce that grant applications are now available and will remain open through Wednesday, August 31, 2022, at 4:00 p.m.
You can apply through our new online application by following this link or clicking the button below:
FSACF’s mission is to partner with and be a resource to organizations whose goal is to improve the quality of life in the Fort Scott, Kansas, area. FSACF strives to create connections between donors and a variety of many worthwhile causes.
Table of Contents
2022 Grants: The Basics
For 2022, the Foundation is offering up to $59,000 total for nonprofit and municipal organizations’ projects. Each award is limited to $5,000.
Last year, FSACF awarded $45,343 to 16 nonprofits through its grant process. Awards averaged $2,834 and ranged from $500 to $5,000.
2022 Grants: The Details
Important information for applicants:
- Nonprofits with projects in Bourbon County are encouraged to apply.
- Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
- FSACF will notify organizations of grant decisions approximately one month after the application period closes.
- Once an application is submitted it cannot be edited.
- By submitting an application, you are verifying the accuracy of the information and understand this is a one-time-only grant award.
- In the event your project is funded, you are agreeing to submit an evaluation report and project photos upon completion of the project, or by August 31st of the following year, and follow publicity instructions.
- Evaluation reports from previously funded projects will be considered as part of the selection process.
Typically, FSACF grants will not be awarded to fund the following types of project expenses:
- Ongoing operating expenses, salaries, stipends, or personnel costs
- Mileage reimbursement or travel costs
- Building or construction projects or other capital improvements
- Religious activities, unless the project serves the general public regardless of religious affiliation
- Political activities
Contact Gregg Motley with any questions as you prepare your application. We look forward to receiving your grant proposal!