Gift Of Real Estate
Making a charitable gift of real estate through Fort Scott Area Community Foundation can help you turn your property gains into community good. The value of your real estate may exceed that of any other asset you own. With the help of the FSACF, you can use it to fulfill your charitable interests and receive financial and tax benefits.
How It Works
- You identify real estate property that you would like to give; an appraisal will help you establish its estimated market value.
- We assess the real estate for compliance with our acceptance policies and gather appropriate documentation.
- Your gift can be placed in any of our charitable funds. For example, you can use your gift to create a Donor Advised Fund in your name, in the name of your family or business, or in honor of any person or organization you choose. You can then stay involved in recommending uses of the fund.
- Your gift qualifies for a tax deduction based on its full market value; you avoid the capital gains tax that would otherwise arise from the sale of the property.
- With gifts of real estate, your property gains translate into community impact, so you get a more rewarding return on a major asset.
- We handle all the administrative details.
- Your gift can be placed into an endowment that is invested over time. Earnings from your fund are used to make grants addressing community needs. Your gift – and all future earnings from your gift – is a permanent source of community capital, helping to do good work forever.
A gift of real estate releases potential that has been tied up for years, enables you to make a bigger charitable difference than you may have thought possible, helps you avoid estate taxes, and minimizes or eliminates burden placed on your heirs. You may choose to give real estate outright and receive an immediate tax deduction or retain the use of the property during your lifetime and make a planned gift to the FSACF.
Like this? Please share it!